This seems to be doing the rounds amongst the blogs and it’s been interesting reading what people have eaten. It was all started by Andrew at Very Good Taste. As someone has said, “You are what you eat.” I love interactive blogs.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold (I did in yellow) all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at verygoodtaste.
Note: Iteams in Red I tried after Getting and posting this list
1. Venison - grew up on this and I love it
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush - I do live right next to Dearborn MI after all.
12. Pho - I have many very close dishes but not this exact one
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes - grew some this year
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas - I have had Wasabi with my sushi, is that the same thing
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float - ginger ale floats are great too
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk - Grew up on this, took years to be able to drink cow milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120
46. Fugu- I don't know how to do strick through on blogger so I will just state it - nope, not worth it.
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - every friday when I worked
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
54. Paneer - is on the menu this week as a matter of fact
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - I at one time worked at MickyD's
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - a good friend used to own an elephant ear cart, she made good money.
69. Fried plantain - I have made this
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho - I have made this
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill - several different kinds
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - It gave me a tummy ach
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum - oh yeah I think all the shel fish would kill me
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
87. Goulash - both kinds
89. Horse - nope but I have had moose
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam - oh yeah baby
92. Soft shell crab-swelled up like a balloon, with hives
93. Rose harissa - if this is the same as harissa then yep, thanks Warda I do love it so.
94. Catfish - not much of a fan
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox - I made lox last week
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta - since I was a kid
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - best coffee ever
boy some of these I want to knock off the list this week. I only have 52 off the list but I will do better the make that number higher in the months to come. I just love trying new things.