Friday, February 29, 2008

Daring Baker Challenge Feb 08 - French Bread




When I saw that the Daring Baker Challenge was french bread this month I have to admit I was thinking "darn not bread again". I then told my Husband that the challenge was french bread and he yelped out a big "YES!". AAAAHHHH ok. I knew immediately that I was going to make the bread on February 10th, my hubby's 31st birthday along with his request of buffalo wings and fried cheese. yes I said fried cheese. Posts to come






My Daughter and I had a good time with this kneading the dough. I used the KitchenAid but we kneaded by hand at the end for fun. She loved punching down the raised dough and then pulling it out of the bowl. and I think her favorite was making "snakes" out of the dough after I did the pulling and pinching of the dough.


the bread tasted GREAT but looked a little rough, but what can you do when a 4 year old is rolling out the snakes. Hubby is asking when we are going to make it again.


Thank you Breadchick Mary From The Sour Dough & Sara I Like to Cook for hosting this month's Daring Baker Challenge. I would post the recipe and directions but they seem to be a little messed up at the source.

21 comments:

winedeb said...

Good job you two! The bread looks marvelous! I have tried many times to make French Bread, but...let's not discuss that right now. Great photos of your big helper, as I always enjoy seeing them!
Maybe a pastry chef in the making!

Shayne said...

i would love for her to be a chef but she is obsessed with the human body and how it works and how food makes it work and what kidneys do. I just push her to cook with me.

L Vanel said...

It's really nice that you involve your daughter in your cooking. She'll take these memories into her adulthood. The baguettes look wonderful!

Warda said...

DD did an excellent job helping you. It must have been the best present ever for the hubby. Happy belated birthday N.

Tracy said...

I wanted to let you know that the link on your Daring Bakers post doesn't work.

Good job on the bread! I give you credit for letting your four-year-old help!

Brilynn said...

Your bread looks great and having a 4 year old help out is perfect!

Big Boys Oven said...

Well captured, something I would treasured! you and your daughter did so well, sounds like a young che in making! well done mum!

Molly Loves Paris said...

I bet your daughter grows up to be a great bread baker. Maybe she'll bake to relax in between whatever else she does. Lovely rustic bread.

Deborah said...

Yours looks better than mine, and I didn't have a 4year old doing mine!! Great job!

Baking Soda said...

Loved the pics! Kids love to work with dough, she looks so dedicated.
Fried cheese eh? Tell me!!

glamah16 said...

What a education your daughter is getting. It will be a piece of cake for her when she makes her own one day!

Beth G. said...

You guys did an awesome job!! It looks beautiful~

Gretchen Noelle said...

How great that you were able to make this for your husband since he loves it so. And I loved seeing how your daughter helped you in the kitchen! Your bread looked delicious! Congratulations!

Mary said...

What a great mother daughter activity! I wish my mom baked with me as a kid! These are memories and skills she'll treasure for a long long time. Your bread looks great too!

breadchick said...

Your bread looks great.

Thanks for baking with Sara and I

Jenny said...

Great job with this one. Was the fried cheese served with the bread? :)

Emiline said...

Nice looking bread, and what a great little helper!

Wow, your husband really likes bread. I want that fried cheese recipe! Now.

Sara said...

Great looking bread, thanks for baking with us!

Angel said...

How fun to make it for a celebration and share the load with your daughter. She looked like she was doing a fantastic job too.
Great Job!

Miss Ifi said...

Your bread looks GREAT, and your daughter looks SOOO cute doing the bread!.
FRIED CHEESE?? where?? what kind of cheese do you usually use for your fried cheese... I haven't had it in sooo long but it tastes soooo good.

^_^

keep on knitting that scarf, and I definitely want to see pictures when it's done.

日月神教-向左使 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,正妹牆,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站